Our topic for 2/1 (at 9 pm) is “How to use technology to engage and involve parents in ECE programs and organizations” It;s a big topic that go in a lot of directions.Here are some guiding questions to consider as you plan for the chat:
1) Parent engagement and involvement are very different.
What role does technology play in connecting with parents? What is the role of social media? What about other tools?
2) How do you use or envision technology being used to engage and involve parents?
3) What do you do to narrow the digital divide for parents/families?
4) Of course: What are the best applications (that means Internet systems as well as apps),devices, and processes for engaging and involving parents?
Transcripts from last week’s chat about mobile devices
1) Is your program using or can you envision using mobile devices in your program?
2) Have you found great apps or special devices? Share them with us!
3) What are the challenges and opportunities of using mobile devices with young children and their teachers?
4) How to you manage access to mobile devices?
Transcripts from last week’s chat
#ECEtechCHAT on 1/18/2012: Resistance to Technology Integration